We live pretty mundane lives in the modern age. Very little exciting happens and when it does it’s usually not very nice. So sometimes it’s good to remind yourself there’s a lot of amazing things still left in the world. Things that make you stop and go, “Woah!” as you try and process what’s happening. We’ve gone out and collected some gifs that made us go “Woah!” Some of them are natural things, some are man-made, all are really, really, cool. Enjoy!
1. I desperately want to buy one of these
2. The coolest thing is anyone can do this with a dry-erase marker and water!
Dry erase marker reacting to water
3. These 3D printed objects fit together so perfectly it’s creepy
3D-printed objects fit perfectly together
4. This mind-bending illusion will baffle you
I could watch this for a while
5. Did you like the last trippy illusion? Here’s a boat-load more!
6. And for some crazy dodecahedron shadows!
Shadows Of A Dodecahedron
7. The smoke trail left by this windmill on fire is beautiful
8. And this is how bismuth crystals are made! (We don’t know what they are, but it’s pretty.)
Making A Bismuth Crystal
9. Check out this unbelievable driving stunt!
10. And this oddly satisfying gif of a man using a scythe
Scythe being used on long grass
11. Carbon nano tubes are so light they float in air like it’s water!
Carbon nanotube is so light it floats.
12. And here is incredible footage of a smoke-filled bubble floating on a water
13. Bonus!! Check out this new chemical called “atomic trampoline”!